Great American River Run
The Great American River Run is a half marathon and 5K race taking place in downtown Memphis on Saturday, May 26, 2018. The half marathon course leads racers along the banks of the Mississippi River while 5K runners experience a route through downtown Memphis. The fun all culminates with a massive post-race party that includes food, drinks and live music.
Registration for the 2018 Great American River Run is open. Sign up for either the 5K or half marathon by clicking here.
The race will be held May 26, 2018 and the course will take participants along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River and through downtown Memphis, with live entertainment along the run route. The race culminates with post-race music, food, and beverages on the river bluff. Both races are designed for all levels – from elite athletes to the beginning runner.
- Our post-race party is a great chance to savor downtown Memphis while you enjoy live music, beer and food!
- Every runner who finishes their race will receive a medal. The 2018 5K medal can be viewed by clicking here.
- Each registrant will be given a soft-style race shirt. This year’s design will be unveiled soon!
- The half-marathon is scheduled to begin at 7 am CST, while the 5K will take off at 7:30 am CST.
- Last year’s map for both races can be viewed here.
- Cash prizes are up for grabs at the 2018 race. Complete information will be listed soon.
- This year’s race expo will be held in downtown Memphis.
- Free entry to 901Fest, a celebration of all things Memphis that takes place later in the day, is included with every registration.
We can’t wait to see you this Memorial Day weekend!