World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest
The World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest is a four-day event taking place in downtown Memphis with the Mississippi River as the backdrop. More than 230 teams come from over 25 states and several foreign countries to participate in America’s most prestigious barbecue competition.
General admission, VIPit Passes, BBQ Alley and Kingsford Tour of Champions tickets can be purchased by clicking here.
The World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest will take place rain or shine. If severe weather should arise, refer to the WCBCC Facebook page for immediate information.
The team application process for the 2018 World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest is now open and tickets are on sale here. If you’re looking for the schedule of the 2018 contest, that will be available here at a later date.
- Tickets can be purchased here.
- Children ages six and younger will receive free admission. Tickets are good for the dates specified only.
- A photo I.D. is required for will-call.
- No refunds, rain checks or exchanges. Tickets are good for the dates specified only.
- Admission to Tom Lee Park is first-come, first-served.
TRAVEL AND LODGING
Finding your way to Memphis and your way around the festival grounds is easy. World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest takes place in downtown Memphis, Tennessee in Tom Lee Park a 33-acre park on the banks of the Mississippi River located on Riverside Drive between Beale Street and Georgia Avenue.
For lodging accommodations, directions to Memphis, parking and other transportation options, please visit the travel page.
Inquires for patrons with Disabilities? See Accessibility Information.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- If Tom Lee Park reaches capacity, for the sake of crowd safety and enjoyment, Memphis in May International Festival, Inc. reserves the right to refuse admission unless a patron has a ticket purchased in advance.
- All packages and bags are subject to inspection.
- Photo I.D.’s are required for all alcohol purchases.
- Memphis in May International Festival, Inc. and its employees, officers and sponsors assume no liability for injury sustained by ticket holders at this event.
- Memphis in May International Festival, Inc. reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject any person violating rules; local, state and federal laws; or whose conduct is deemed illegal, disorderly, dangerous or offensive.
FOOD AND DRINK
All food must be purchased with cash. ATMs are available at Tom Lee Park for your convenience. A photo I.D. is required for all alcohol purchases.